Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's day has come and gone, yet again... did you feel loved? I did.

Valentine's day is also the anniversary of my first date with my husband - convenient, eh? This year, I think I got the best present I could ever ask for. He promised to clean, de-crap and organise our abode. I like chocolate and flowers as much as the next girl, but organised closets? HEAVEN.

We've been living in our current apartment for about 5 years - since just before Big B was born - and we've still got things hiding in boxes. Until this last summer, we had a row of rubbermaid bins piled two or three high lining one wall; then we discovered garage storage. It's very very rare that we need to open one that isn't clothing that's been stored until Baby B grows into it after Big B grows out of it. We've been working on getting our shit together to get a house to move into and raise our kids and plan on moving in a year or two. I guess Husband was listening when I said to him one day "what's the point of moving into a house when we've got so much crap anyway that it'll be crapped up as soon as we move our stuff in?" (I'm so eloquent, aren't I?)

So on Valentine's morning, I woke up to breakfast in bed; which I totally appreciate - he even made me tea, due to my recently (and unsuccessfully) swearing off coffee. The day got even better as he did laundry and dishes without my asking and helped me set up for our Valentine's tea party. Then to announce this crowning glory of a present - it just made me fall in love all over again. It really is the little things.



Sort of related - I read a really great post over at Her Bad Mother: Love In The Time Of Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment