Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kindergarten Teachers, I salute you.

I consider myself a fairly well organised, punctual, responsible type of person. I check the back-pack the night before, I lay out the clothes, we start lunch early just to make sure and STILL we're usually not out the door on time. I can not imagine being responsible for 23 kids at a time!

I couldn't do it. I just could not do it.

Did I mention that yesterday was the day I was volunteering at my daughter's school? Well, it was, and I did... and holy crap. Definitely not the career choice for me. I have been a manager at several different types of establishments. I have said to my staff at various times "You are behaving like CHILDREN!" I was mistaken. Not once has a staff member thrown a shoe at me, or peed on the floor in front of me, or demanded to hold my hand for 20 minutes.

You know what's harder than herding cats? Herding Kindergartners.

No comments:

Post a Comment