Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Wanna Be Sedated.


So. It's been pretty busy here lately. Beege's birthday is in 6 days, so there is birthday related stuff to get done. I don't know what it is that makes me do things the hard way - but there you have it. Actually, in this case, I know exactly why I sewed a pair of doll's pajamas by hand; my machine is loud and I didn't want to shut myself away in the bedroom while there was a brand new TV, brimming with movies I've never heard of, for me to watch.

Grandpa went into the hospital on Sunday morning. Still not sure what's wrong, but he's feeling better than he was, and should be home by the end of the week, once all tests have been run, and hopefully conclusions have been reached. Grandma is at the hospital for most of the day, so I have taken on dog duty. It makes Grandma feel better to know that he's being taken care of properly.

I don't think I've complained about this dog on my blog yet, but he definitely warrants some complaints.

We have a huge backyard that we don't use as much as we could because I need time to pick up the .. crap.. before we go out to play and I don't want them running around behind me when I do it. He is very spoiled. He is a dog who wears coats and has special homemade food. The other day when we had friends over, he came down and PEED ON MY FRIEND'S COAT! Wtf?? He's not my favourite animal ever, that's for sure, but while Grandpa's in the hospital, I will sit with the dog to keep him company, I will microwave his dinner for him and I will put on his little boots and silly coats.

Maybe next week, when everything is (hopefully) back to normal, and Beege is officially 5, I can get some sleep. Oh crap, it's December, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. That's cool that you sewed a pair of pajamas by hand, I sewed a cotton shirt for my 1 year old when we first moved to the country, desperate for a sun shirt for my boy and no machine, I'll never forget that shirt and wish I'd kept it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep in mind, they were little tiny pajamas, for an 18" doll. :) I tend to sew by hand in general though. My machine is pretty loud, and I find the hand sewing soothing, impractical as it is.

      Delete