Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Shopping: The Lazy Bastard Way.

I've never been a person who uses credit. It's good to have in an emergency, but I've always preferred to hand someone some money and walk away with whatever it is that I've paid them for.

Two years ago, I got my very first ever credit card. So that I could pay for my correspondence courses. I've also used it to donate charities and on rare occasions purchase things that aren't available except through the web. I never use it for general shopping, mostly because I just really like not owing money.

This year, I'm not sure why, but it just seems that I'm not able to get out to the stores. Okay, I'll re-phrase that: I'm not able to get out alone. Also, I hate shopping. So this year, I've decided to do most of my Christmas shopping from in front of the computer.

At first, it was great. Look at all I've been able to get done! And I'm in my pajamas! Awesome! I'm beginning to understand why people do this!

Then you wait. And you wait. And you start to wonder if everything is going to get here on time. Maybe it won't come at all? You start to worry about being away from the house in the ten seconds that the courier is there to drop off packages.

You start having dreams of a naked, filthy doll with ratty knotted hair being in the box that is supposed to contain your daughter's lovely new best friend. The other boxes are all empty. My money is gone, and everyone is disappointed. Now the turkey is on fire! Someone stop that monkey!!

Basically, I think I'm going to be a little insane until everything is safely arrived, wrapped and under the tree. I feel bad for my husband.

Apparently, I just don't have the mental fortitude for internet shopping.


2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think you just have a terrible mailman. I still don't understand why it took a priority mail package 3 weeks to get to you.

    This time, they made me fill out a CUSTOMS form. Maybe that'll make it go quicker. Or maybe it'll make it go slower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad mailman... that's entirely possible. I'll let you know when the next one arrives - maybe in time for Easter? :)

    ReplyDelete