Saturday, January 29, 2011

In Which I Make Bread.

We do our grocery shopping on Saturdays, so sometimes by Friday, we're almost out of food. Okay, not "food" really, but "food" as far as the kids are concerned. This Friday, I was out of everything that they might consider food. We didn't even have any bread. Luckily, I found this recipe hanging around on the computer desk and I had a couple of hours before I had to get dinner on the table.


[EDIT: I just realised the recipe in the photo is missing a step. (oops) After you let it rise for an hour, punch it down and form it to fit your loaf pan. Let it rise for another half hour before baking. Bake for 30min, at 350C]

Also luckily, I happened to have all this stuff.



And so...







Huzzah!



My first attempt at making bread not only looked good, it tasted good!



Since it was my first try at baking bread, I didn't deviate from the recipe at all, but I think next time I'm going to add some ground flax seed and substitute at least one cup of whole wheat flour. It was so easy that I'm definitely going to do it again, especially since they asked for seconds.




5 comments:

  1. Wow, your bread looks so yummy!! Good for you!!

    I make bread in the bread maker which is okay, but from scratch bread is soooo much better! If I was there I would ask for seconds too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to be doing it again... and trying healthier breads. My kids are totally used to whole wheat bread full of seeds, this probably tasted like candy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMMmmmmmmmm...Candy bread... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, you forgot how long you cook it for and what temp it should be on. I used 3/4tsp yeast and salt could find that in tablespoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! Bake @ 350C for 30 minutes. :)

      Delete