Friday, January 14, 2011

You Snooze, You Bruise.

I hate the "snooze" button. I just hate it. I'm one of those people that actually wakes up when the alarm goes off and, if I'm the one who set it, then I -- wait for it -- get out of bed and start my day. Apparently, if I'm not the one who set it, then I lie in bed and seethe until someone finally gets up.

My husband is not one of those people who gets up when the alarm goes off. Our alarm goes off at 7:15. My husband does not get up until almost 8:00 most days. That is 45 minutes of inane morning show interspersed with grunting, groping for the button, and then silence. If I were really the violent person who sometimes lives in my head, I would punch him in the head every time he hit that damn button.

I suppose I could just get up when the alarm clock goes off the first time, but damnit, I don't want to! My kids sleep until about 8:00; which means that I don't have to get up yet. I have enough trouble sleeping through the night, that I would like to take advantage of every second of shut-eye that I can.

He gets up at 8:00. Why don't we just set the alarm for 8:00 when everyone actually gets up? A good question, my friend, a very good question.



Disclaimer: I do actually love my husband, he's a lovely man. I would never actually punch him in the head; especially for something so silly. I really do hate the snooze button though.

4 comments:

  1. I always found "snooze" to be a big lie. You get to back to sleep!!!...but only for 9 minutes. I am always WAY more angry after the 'extra' sleep than I am if I just get up with the first alarm. So boo to the snooze setting!

    Also, your blog is looking great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? And I don't know a single person who can get back to sleep instantaneously once they've hit the button, plus you have to consider the time it takes to *find* the button, so we're looking at.. maybe 5 minutes, tops. Ridiculous invention.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit, I'm one of those people who snoozes.. but it's not a real snooze, it's a 15 minutes snooze, and I can actually get back to sleep.

    not sure why I do it.. I just do. :o/ lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily, I don't live with you. Otherwise, I'd have to punch you in the head. :)

    ReplyDelete