Monday, February 21, 2011

Because I Can't Resist A List...

25 Things That Make Me Super Happy:*
(In no particular order)


1. Making Bread. I love to watch the yeast explode in the bowl, kneading the dough -- therapeutic! -- and the house smelling like bread all day.

2. The moment the sun hits the disco ball hanging in my living room window.

3. Watching my girls sleep. Although I love them all the time, it hits me so hard when they're laying there, cuddled in their blankets, that my heart almost explodes.

4. Putting on pajamas straight out of the dryer after a bath.

5. Finding myself with some time on my hands, a warm day with a nice breeze and a comfy place to sit.

6. Going to do the dishes and finding that my husband has already done it. (I hate doing dishes with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.)

7. Finally completing a (craft or other) project that I've had on the go for a while.

8. That moment after you've finished a really satisfying clean/purge, when you can sit down with a cup of tea and feel like maybe you can get things under control after all.

9. The Will.i.am song "What I Am"

10. Finding a really good deal on anything.

11. Actually getting the shot. Some day I'm going to buy myself a big girl camera, and then this will happen a lot more.

12. Being woken up by the sun instead of an elbow to the breast.

13. Being somewhere that's usually super crowded before everybody else gets there. Think Ikea on a Saturday.

14. Having dinner with friends.

15. Listening to Beege read.

16. When my kids actually play together; without throwing, wrestling or screaming.

17. Seeing my first spring buds.

18. Actually managing to grow anything in the garden.

19. Getting a good grade. (I know, I know, but it's part of what makes me me. 5 more exams to go!)

20. Finding a good seat in a little coffee shop to enjoy a book and some cake.

21. Back rubs.

22. Getting mail that's not a bill or an ad.

23. Making things for the kids.

24. Giving presents.

25. Swimming.


What are 25 things that make you super happy?


*Inspired by Motherbumper.

3 comments:

  1. That DOES sound happy!! I'll have to ponder my 25 things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! I just posted 25 things on my blog! :) I can't resist a list either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see other people's lists!
    I've already appropriated Jen's #22 - when the due date for a library book coincides with the day a book you've had on hold become available. :)

    ReplyDelete