Friday, February 4, 2011

A Random Smattering of Crap. Oh - And National De-Lurking Day.

The other day, when Beege and I were out for our walk, we really enjoyed just looking around. We found an old wooden bench that is usually hidden by a bush in more walk-friendly weather. We saw a whole flock of birds roosting in a hedge. There was snow covered beauty everywhere you looked. There was also a fairly large number of little bags containing dog crap.

Really? C'mon people. If you go to the trouble of buying special bags* for picking up your dog's leavings and go to the trouble of remembering to bring them and then bending down to pick it up, surely you could go to the trouble of finding a garbage can? Isn't the gross part picking it up in the first place? You must have realised when you got a dog that you'd have to deal with certain things... owning a dog is a responsibility; dispose of the crap.


I know for sure that I've never left a big smelly diaper lying under a park bench for you to enjoy.



Ooooh! Totally off topic, but did you know that there is a "National De-Lurker Day"? Well, there is! I missed it, of course, since I didn't even know about it until I read this post.

So - I'll have a late de-lurker day - it would be great to hear from you, even if it's just to say "hi!".




*Here are some that smell like lavender, in case that's the issue.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about de-lurker day too! I lurk in a lot of places, but I'm trying to be more social! I recently followed a strangers blog that I found though google, so I am getting better at talking to strangers! :)

    ReplyDelete