Friday, March 4, 2011

Sneaky Slippers.

This weekend, my kids are going to visit my mother-in-law. With my husband, of course. I get to stay home!! I'm a little excited to have some time to myself. Just a little.

I'll mostly be cleaning and organising; which I know sounds really boring, but I am so looking forward to it, you would not believe. You mean I can actually empty the entire cupboard and not worry about someone stabbing/poisoning/killing themselves on/with sharp/cleaning products/miscellaneous other crap? Awesome. I can pick things up and put them where they go and not find that they've mysteriously jumped out of place again? I can vacuum without anyone trying to skip with the cord?

But I digress.

It gets a little cold at Gran's house, so I've been desperately looking for Kee's slippers. The kid refuses to wear socks, but loves her slippers; I'll take what I can get. Of course, they've completely vanished off the face of the earth. I've looked everywhere and can't even find one of them.

Since I'm me, I figured... okay, I've got a couple of days, I'll make her some new ones.
Which turned out pretty nicely, I think.

But, of course, it turns out that these
were, for some as yet unexplained reason, in here.
Of course, no one told me that until I put the last stitch in the new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment