Thursday, March 24, 2011

All You Need Is Love.

Today, when I went to pick up Beege from school, I was met by a beaming, cheerful little girl. Which was such a welcome change, considering that for the past two days, I've been met by a sullen, angry little girl and a teacher waiting to list all the horrible crimes she'd perpetrated in the two and a half hours she'd been at school.

I was thrilled when he barely looked at me this afternoon.

As we walked home, swinging our hands, I asked about her day. Mostly I wanted to see if I could figure out what made today so much better than the past few days. And I think I've got my answer.
Did you have a good day, honey?
"Yes, mommy, I did!"
I'm so glad to hear that! What made it so good?
"I think... that I have fallen in love!"
Oh? With who?
"A boy in my class!"
And why do you think you've fallen in love?
"Well, he's nice. And he's very funny. And he does magic tricks, just like me! And Mummy?"
Yeah?
"He's a ninja."

I have definitely heard worse reasons.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I love it! It's far too early to think this, but ninja son-in-law would be a really cool thing to have. :)

    ReplyDelete