Monday, May 16, 2011

Before I Was a Mother, I Never...

(I got this idea from A Lot of Loves. Today was a "volunteer at school" day, which means my brain is incapable of original ideas.)

*******************************************

Before I was a mother, I never...

... wiped someone else's butt.

... discussed bodily functions quite so much.

... licked food off someone's face because we were out and I forgot wet wipes.

... had to tell anybody to leave me alone while I was on the toilet.

... had two people throw up on me at once. Or even one person throw up on me, for that matter.

... considered frozen pizza a meal.

... wore the same shirt for 3 days without noticing.

... enjoyed sloppy kisses.

... set up scavenger hunts, made dress up clothes for no reason, or celebrated "Bug Day."

... knew how much I could love two little people.

... felt I needed an excuse to sit down with a cup of tea and read a book.


If I filled this list out completely, you'd still be reading next week, so I think I'll leave it here for now. Suffice it to say that there are many things I never even thought about doing before becoming a mother (wiping someone else's butt, for one).

Even if you're not a mum, do you have a list of things you never thought you'd do? Like "If you'd asked me ten years ago, I would have said I'd never..." or "Before I moved out of my parents' house, I never..."?

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Poo definitely comes out in my conversations more than ever, ever, ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just when you think the poop talk is over, along comes another baby with a bum cannon!

    ReplyDelete