Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Weekend of Fun...

This weekend is going to be a pretty big one for Beege.

First, she's got a trip to the annual Kindergarten Zoo Trip tomorrow morning - for which I've got to get her to school four hours earlier than usual. Thank goodness, unlike last year, there is no question about whether she's going or not. It's supposed to rain, but the kid has got boots, and really? Rain just does not bother kindergartners as much as it bothers us old people.

On Saturday is the school Fun Fair, which is a huge deal over there. It'll always hold a special place in my heart because we took 2 year old Beege to it a couple of days before Kee was born.

This year, Beege and I are baking cookies for the bake sale and I've volunteered to stick around afterward and help clean up. Even if it rains, there's a pretty solid back up plan and I'm actually looking forward to it almost as much as she is. There is a class basket raffle* to enter, and I've got my eye on a couple. Also? Bouncy castles. Nothing excites my kids more than bouncy castles. (This is the one from last year.)


On Sunday, Beege and I are going on an expedition. Mostly, we're going to go downtown and do some shopping for Kee's birthday. (Which is next Thursday, ohmygod!) But! We're also going to be picking out the nail polish that Beege will get to wear when she stops biting her nails!** Nail Polish? Five year old? She's so excited.

I was trying to remember the last time she and I just went out together and did something fun, and honestly, I think it was on her birthday. A year and a half ago. Shocking. So, don't tell her, but I think I'm also going to take her out to dinner all by herself in a "big people" restaurant.

Here's hoping your weekend is as exciting as mine promises to be!


*Each class gets together a collection of themed items to include in the raffle, like "crafts", "fun in the sun" or "gardening". I've got my eye on "family fun" and "camping".
**Because I've discovered an eco-friendly, hypoallergenic, non-toxic nail polish called "Piggy Paint" which I think will erase any guilt I may have had regarding bribing my child with nail polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment