Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fix Me.

I finally went to the doctor today. Apparently, a hole (fine, it's more of a large dent) in your leg is a perfectly normal thing, and I just have to get used to the disfigurement, a la stretch marks and spider veins. (Thanks, kids! Although, I haven't found a way to blame them for my leg dent yet.)

We haven't quite figured out the other stuff - the tingling, the muscle spasms and the falling asleep in the middle of a sentence stuff - but they've taken blood to test. I have to go back in two weeks, somehow*, to discuss any results. And the fact that there may not be any physical reason for my fatigue; other than the two small children hanging off my legs.

I'm kind of hoping that there is something in the blood work. Small and easy to fix, but something. Because I would really like to be able to take a pill or cut something out of my diet and start feeling like myself again. And if it's not physical, that means it's mental.

Although, as my friend pointed out, they've got pills for that too.





*It's generally hard to find someone to watch the kids in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week. And I really don't want to take them with me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm sorry! I hope they fix it soon. I'll watch your kids for you anytime! ... anytime I'm in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if mum can't watch them, let me know and I'll see if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rachel Thanks :)

    @Pyra Thanks, Katycat! I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete