Tuesday, June 14, 2011

One A Day: Reprise.

The problem with saying that you'll do a post a day, is that you have to do a post a day. I actually thought it would be easy; I have ideas! (And failing that, my kids are pretty funny.)

I think it's actually the forcing myself to do it that's causing problems. One of the reasons that I would hesitate to call myself an "artist" or a "writer" is that I'm good... in spurts.

I'll have a week of writing that I think is pretty good. Witty, funny, vaguely intelligent... and then the next week sucks. I suppose that's what this exercise is all about; training myself to work through the blocks.

So. If you come on over to my blog and wonder why it is that I'm talking about nothing, just assume that I'm stuck. And that my kids didn't do anything funny today. Or that I'm trying really hard to come up with an idea, but all I can think about is ice cream.

Right now, it's the ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment