Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One A Day.


My husband, the musician, has issued himself a challenge. He is going to be writing one song a day for the next 30 days. They don't have to be particularly long or spectacular; it's just a way to make sure that he writes something.

I've decided to issue myself a challenge as well, partly because I'm going to need something to do while he's off writing songs.

So. I will be writing one post a day. For 30 days. We'll see how it goes. Of course, here it is, day 1 and nothing super exciting is going on.

How about a bird update?

Sadly, on the way home from the fun fair, I found a very tiny baby bird on the deck next to the door. I imagine it had fallen out of the nest. Wimp that I am, I went downstairs and sent my husband up to give it a proper burial and didn't mention it to the kids.

Today, I managed to get the ladder out again and take a couple of pictures of the nest to see how the other three are doing. They look great!


Although, I suppose I could have guessed that from the fact that there are now two dive bombing nest guards. They come at you from either side; it's actually pretty freaky. There's also something that looks like a wasp's nest being built under the light. And a really big spider.

You know what? If you're coming to visit, you might want to come in the front door.

2 comments:

  1. I believe I shall. Spider and bird free please. Although it isn't much better here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I remember birds doing that to me as a kid, but haven't seen it happen in a while.

    ReplyDelete