Saturday, June 11, 2011

They Grow Up So Fast!

The other day, I slept through my husband getting up to go to work (as usual) only to be woken up by him chatting with someone outside. What the hell? Who on earth is he talking to in the yard this early in the morning? Being the curious (aka: nosy) person I am, I threw on some flip flops and went outside to find out.

As I opened the door, the first thing that I noticed was that Mama Bird was looking pretty murderous, and sitting closer than she ever had before. She wasn't looking at me though, she was shooting the stink eye, and tweeting her head off, at my husband.

It was not difficult to see why. He was standing there, chatting with one of the babies. Who happened to be sitting on the garden gate that he had to go through to get to the car.


I can just imagine what Mama was saying to that baby too: "I TOLD you not to land there! Don't move! Not even a feather! If that monster doesn't kill you, I WILL! DON'T MOVE!"

My husband, being a generally prudent man, chose not to risk having his eyes pecked out and went through the front door instead. I stayed out for a little while longer, and got to see Baby fly drunkenly over to one of the trees in the yard.

They haven't been back since, and really? While I'm a little sad to see them go, I'm pretty happy that I don't need to worry about birds falling on our head as we leave the house anymore. We're going to take their nest down tomorrow so that no new tenants move in.



On that note, I promise I will not post about birds again for a really long time.

1 comment:

  1. That bird was givin' the stink eye. I'd be careful too. Scary things.

    ReplyDelete