Friday, June 24, 2011

Where I'm From.

I am from books, from Jiffy Pop and Supercycles.

I am from the house in the middle of my street, from curling up on my daddy's lap to watch thunder storms.

I am from lilac bushes that made excellent Barbie tree houses and roses that were beautiful end-of-the-year teacher's gifts.

I am from camping in the summer and sunburned skin, from Christmas dinner at the G's, from forts made of sheets and chairs.

I am from the obsessive worrying and saying yes to too much.

From wearing clean underwear in case you're hit by a car and being nice to my sister.

I am from Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. From stockings and treasure hunts.

I am from Canada and England, from Kraft Dinner and Trifle.

From the time my brother shoved matchsticks up his nose, the time my sister got her bike stolen, and the fact that mum always paints rooms that same putty pink.

I am from falling apart photo albums and the shoebox under the bed.



If you do this too, leave me a link; I'd love to know where you're from!

The template is here.
Thanks for the idea, Ali!

No comments:

Post a Comment