Thursday, July 28, 2011

Annual Girly Getaway.

How many times do you have to do something before you can call it annual? We're on our second year now, so I'm going with it.

Last year, 3 of my friends and I were lucky enough to get a great deal at a place near Hamer Lake. It was wonderful. Two days of not having to look after anyone but myself. No one asking me where their crap was or to do things for them. It was awesome.

This weekend we're doing it again. With some subtle differences.

Last year, we stayed in a lovely apartment with fluffy white beds, room service and beautiful views. There was a choice of several restaurants on the property. There was this awesome pool beside the lake, in which I spent an entire morning. All plumbing was indoors.


We did have to share everything outside our room with a bunch of other people though. I still haven't quite forgiven Adam (whoever he is) for making his mum go out and look (screech) for him at one o'clock in the morning.

This year, we're going the family cottage* route. We won't have restaurants, or pools, or room service, or big fluffy white beds; we will, thank god, have indoor plumbing. (At least I think we will, my friend said "one in, one out" when I asked about the toilet situation.)

What we will have, is the place to ourselves. I won't have to deal with anyone's children. We're also leaving Friday morning and not coming back til Monday evening. I might actually have time to miss my kids before I come home!

And apparently, the views will be spectacular.




*Yay for friends with cottages!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! That is a tradition I could get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to do absolutely nothing. And take pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a heaven.

    In regards to your "annual" question. I produced an annual boy-child for three years running. Does that count? A well-performed tubal ligation put in end to that "annual" experience. I must say, it's a tad bittersweet. Yet some things should just not be done on a yearly basis. xoxo The Catholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Marianne - gotta say, lovely as your boys sound, I think I'm going to stick with the vacation!

    ReplyDelete