Thursday, September 22, 2011

Yay, Me!

Among the many other things I've been doing, lately, I somehow managed to sneak in something that had absolutely nothing to do with children!

For the past few years, in stolen moments here and there, I've been studying Business Management. I'm finally finished, graduated with "highest honours*", and my diploma is in the mail.

I'm going to try and keep the kids from colouring on it, so that I can wave it at people when I try and get a "real" job in a few years and see if it makes them hire me.

If nothing else, completing this course gave me some sense of satisfaction knowing that my brain still functions on some level other than "Mummy".



AND, despite the fact that I often ignored my husband and/or insisted that he take the children away so I could study; he got me pretty flowers to celebrate. He's very nice. I like him.





*I'm not exactly sure what this means. I know it means that I got good grades on my exams, but do I get a coupon for 10% off at Staples or something?

September 29th: Got my diploma today... it's pretty, but no coupons.

2 comments: