Friday, October 14, 2011

I've Been Having Trouble Concen... What?

So. I haven't written much lately, and for that, I apologise. The problem, dear readers, has been my complete lack of concentration. I will have a great idea for something amusing to write about, and by the time I sit down in front of the computer, it's gone. So gone that I can't even remember why I sat down in the first place and I end up playing Bejeweled on Facebook.

I put my laundry in the washer, fill up the soap container and leave without pushing start. There are cold, forgotten cups of tea everywhere. I say I'll call right back and then completely forget. Conversations grind to a halt while I struggle to find the word "spoon".

One day last week, as I was getting dressed, I started out with a nice clean pair of socks. I put one on, and then somehow, lost the other one and I'm really not sure how (because I don't remember going to get replacements) ended up with two entirely different (non-matching) socks than I'd started out with on my feet.

The worst thing I've done is turn on the wrong burner under my lunch and almost melt the kettle. Although, really, who needs a kettle when you can never remember to drink the tea?

I have been remembering to pick up my kid from school though, so that's good.

Part of it is that I am still... overwhelmed. My thoughts crowd on top of each other drowning each other out until I just want them to shut up and wait quietly for their individual turns; kind of like I wish my kids would do.

Part of it is the fact that Kee has been going on a rampage lately. She's going through (please let it be) a phase where she doesn't listen to a thing I say. No, wait, that's wrong. She will actually do the exact opposite of what I've asked her, while smiling at me coyly. By the end of the day, I'm just so tired that it doesn't occur to me to write.

A really big part of it is that I want to write about what I went through with my grandpa. But I don't know how, and I don't know if this is the place.

So. I apologise again for my absence, and promise you (and myself) that I will be back more often.

And before I forget (again): Happy (belated, Canadian) Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment