Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Day After.

Christmas has come and gone. We've eaten the turkey, and the "Christmas lasagne", we've opened our presents and played with our new toys; now we're just wallowing in the satiated aftermath.

I received some rather nice gifts (I'm looking at you, scrapbook kit), and I wouldn't usually show favouritism like this, I must admit, but I do have a top three:

1. Beege saying to me, on Christmas eve, "You're the best Mummy ever, and I love you more than anything!"

2. Kee (my terminally un-snuggly girl) crawling into my bed, giving me a kiss and then sharing her blanket with me for a half hour cuddle.

3. (Last, but most certainly not least) A gift certificate from my parents for babysitting from "Friday, after school to Sunday after dinner" on the weekend of our anniversary.

There is a large portion of Christmas that has been lost in a flurry of wrapping paper and over-excited children, but there were some moments that stand out in my memory. [Tomorrow my family is leaving me for a few days (for Christmas take three) so I'll even have a chance to write about them!]

I hope your celebration was as nice as mine!


1 comment: