Monday, December 5, 2011

Mini Golf is Better in The Dark.

So, Nablopomo is officially over - several days ago, in fact - and of course, I feel like I'm neglecting my blog again. Not that I managed to post EVERY day like I meant to, but 26 is pretty darn good from where I'm sitting. Which is at my computer. For the first time in a few days.

So. Beege is going to be six years old tomorrow. I'm still surprised.

We took the girls to glow-in-the-dark mini golf over the weekend to celebrate, and they both loved it. Kee calls it "little hockey". She didn't quite get it, but she's three; give the kid a break. A bit of advice for you; if you're taking a three year old to play mini golf, you might as well not even get a club for yourself because someone is going to need to chase her around.

There were also a number of arcade games for us to waste our money on, which they loved. Kee took a liking to the claw game - you play until you win - so we have a new collection of demented stuffed vegetables to love. Beege actually won one of the BIG prizes out of the claw machine. You know, the ones that lure you to the machine but nobody ever wins? She got a big, weird, crooked, kind of creepy, stuffed purple cat.


[Strange fact about me: I hate loud noises, flashing lights and crowds... but I LOVE arcades. I don't get it either.]

The only damper on the day was that the birthday girl had picked IKEA to have her birthday lunch at. Don't ask me; the kid loves IKEA. Of course, she only likes the macaroni, and for some reason, this location didn't have any. (They did have coconut-curry soup, which seemed a little weird for IKEA, but okay.) There were some tears, but she accepted McDonalds as a substitute, once I promised her ice cream.

Now I have to figure out what kind of treat I can send in to a class with one kid allergic to nuts, two kids allergic to eggs, one allergic to milk, and one with a gluten intolerance.

I'm thinking pencils.

So, don't expect to hear from me tomorrow, I'll be too busy dancing with my daughter.

2 comments: