Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Random Selection.

When Kee and I go to the library, I don't really have a chance to browse. In the interests of preserving my sanity, and avoiding scathing looks from the other patrons, we tend to head straight to the children's section. Once there, we can spend as much as an hour selecting 8 page board books, playing with the (likely germ infested) toys, and harassing strange children.

Do I complain? No. Heavens, no.

When it comes time for Mummy's book selection, however, I'd better be less than five minutes, or the whining begins. Luckily, our library has a section on the way out where they display a selection of seemingly random books.

They may be new releases or something, I don't know. I should read the sign next time.

Anyway.

Usually, since I haven't heard of any of the books on display, I just grab something that doesn't look horrible. And really, I'll read almost anything*, so I'm generally happy with whatever I end up with.

Yesterday, I decided it would be interesting to let Kee pick my books for me.


So. From left to right: A book about a pink girl who likes cats. A whole book about SHOES! And last but not least, the story of a purple princess with a gold hula hoop, whose head hurts.

While not exactly random, - she did have reasons, after all - I may have found my new book selection method. We'll see, after I've read them. I am a little curious about what exactly is wrong with that princess' head.



*Except The Lord of the Rings. I just can't. I've tried. I'm sorry.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete