Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today is the Greatest...

Okay. No. It's not. Today has sucked donkey butt. I'm patting myself on the back for not having killed any children, and it's not even lunch time.

Kee is having some issues with her clothing. Issue #1: Diapers do not fit comfortably into pants made for 3/4 year olds. Issue #2: Apparently, underpants are made from special fabric that scratches, and itches, and is possibly coated in acid. Issue#3: Mummy will not let her leave the house in the middle of winter wearing nothing from the waist down.*

This made for a fun half hour (during which, I was also intermittently yelling at Beege to finish up in the damn bathroom) before we finally got out the door to drop Beege off at school; late, of course.

Anyway.

I am, apparently, someone who can't hold her shit together in the face of a screaming three year old. I lost it. There was yelling, there was pleading, there were threats. All of which made me feel like a complete crap mum. Which did not help the situation.

I was so angry that I started getting angry about how angry I was.

I had to eventually stuff her into her clothes and carry her outside, where I unceremoniously dumped her in the stroller and started walking. Certainly not one of my finer moments.

Well, we'll just see how co-operative I am when I'm old** and they're trying to change my diaper, won't we?




*Although, to be fair, she has finally conquered the evil foot eating beasts known as socks, and will wear them without major uproar.
**At least, I hope I'll be old before I need to wear diapers. Or maybe I'll never need to wear diapers; that would be nice. I'll just find something else to be ornery about. Because I totally plan on being ornery.

3 comments:

  1. Any time I lose it with my kids, I chaulk it up to a character-building moment that will prepare them for any boss out there. You got find the upside. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew there had to be *some* way to look at it positively! Thanks, Marianne :)

      Delete
  2. It's terrible when middle aged kids start pushing their old mums around, don't you ever let them do that!

    ReplyDelete