Thursday, March 29, 2012

Instead, We Made Cookies.

Kee and I have been doing pretty well going on our walks every morning lately. Yesterday, she's the one who didn't feel like it; but today, it was totally my fault.

There's construction going on over at the school, and they've blocked off our usual entrance. Now, instead of walking across the street and into the school yard, we've got to go up a block and across a (usually) muddy field.

It rained last night and it looks like there's more coming, so I got everyone kitted out in their rain boots for the walk. Even me, in my uber-stylish black galoshes*. So we walked over the field; which, perversely, was not the least bit muddy, instead choosing to be hard and frozen. Stupid field.

I don't know about your rubber boots, but mine are made for squishing around in the garden, not tromping over concrete. So today, it was me and my sore feet that begged out of the walk.

Kee actually fought, because she wanted to go so that we would pass Tim Horton's, where she would get her bribe treat. I promised her that I would make cookies when we got home.

Then I had to make cookies. I didn't have the ingredients for any of my usual cookie recipes, so I had to make one up. But they tasted pretty good, so I'll share the recipe with you. (You know, in case you too one day promise your kid to make some cookies before you check in your cupboard to see if you've got any ingredients. )



Super Easy Chocolate "Chip" Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine (I didn't have any butter)
1/2 cup brown or golden sugar (I didn't have any brown sugar)
1/4 cup white sugar (that I had!)
1 Egg (I only had one)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup all purpose white, 1/2 cup whole wheat)
1/2 cup mini M&Ms (I didn't have any chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 375 farenheit.

Cream together both sugars with the butter/margarine. Add egg and vanilla, blend. In another bowl, combine dry ingredients, then sift into wet ingredients. Blend well until a dough forms. Then fold in the M&Ms. You can either roll them into small balls, or drop from a spoon. Place onto a cookie sheet about an inch apart. (Next time I'll be adding some wheat germ and/or ground flax seed.)

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.

Cookies! Yum!



*They're those ugly classic black with red bottom rubber boots. Except dirtier.

7 comments:

  1. Ohhh - can I not go for a walk with you? What a deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you're in my neck of the woods, let me know. I'll totally not go for a walk with you. ;)

      Delete
  2. And delicious they were- Beege had a couple of them instead of ice cream for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just started a diet today...I am so addicted to cookies. I will "save" this recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! :)

      Thanks for stopping by - I love your blog!

      Delete
  4. I love, love, love cookies. Ours is a dangerous love affair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like me and the cheesies. Why is it so hard to fall in love with... say, celery? It's always the bad boys.

      Delete