Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mommy I Love You Day!

Did you know that yesterday was a holiday? Me neither, but apparently, it was "Mommy I Love You Day."

About a week ago, I found this note on the fridge.

Stuck on top of some finger painting - the fridge is clean and white, I swear.

Beege made it up. Which may seem strange, but we've been known to celebrate made up holidays around here; the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

She decided that Mother's Day was too far away and that I should really get a day to sleep in now. (I may have been a little whiny lately?)

Anyway. Mommy I Love You Day consisted of breakfast in bed, some beautiful flowers from Husband (he's learned to just go with the non-standardised holiday thing at this point), and getting to "sleep in" (aka: sleep until such a time as normal people get up).


But the fun didn't end there! We played board games all morning [and I got to pick, so Candyland (otherwise known as the most boring game in the world) stayed in the cupboard], had happy meals for lunch (with which I got a pink My Little Pony), and then spent the afternoon playing their new Rapunzel Wii game.

I even got taken out to dinner, where Beege very proudly told anyone who walked by what day it was.

Aside from a few minor skirmishes at home, and the requisite potty-training-preschooler five trips to the bathroom at the restaurant (where Kee's backpack got set in something wet on the back of the toilet, which I can't help thinking of as "toilet juice," so now I feel the need to never touch it again, so I've got to get her a new one), I had a perfectly lovely day.

And I made sure I still get Mother's Day, don't worry.

7 comments:

  1. I wish my girls had thought of that;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my children are much nicer than we were. :P

      Delete
  2. That's AMAZING!!! I am seriously impressed with her thoughtfulness. She needs to give Ali and Noah some lessons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is awesome sometimes. :) Maybe you need to start making up some holidays at your house so she gets the idea.

      Delete
  3. Nice! And I love the way you spent your day, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so. :) every once in a while, they do something really sweet - they've got really good survival instincts. ;).

      Delete
  4. Oh this is the sweetest thing ever ;) You're one lucky lady to have so much love ;)

    ReplyDelete