Monday, March 5, 2012

This is That Post.

You know how sometimes, you get on a roll? You write something every day for a month or so and it becomes habit? You're really pleased. You're chugging along, and then something happens that derails you.

You miss one day because you've got something you actually have to do.

Then you miss the next day, but swear that you'll FOR SURE do it the next day.

Then your husband takes the kids away for the weekend and you're free to watch movies with swearing in them, and do your Zumba video without a child hanging off your ankle (I'm not quite ready for that level of challenge), and have a bath without interruptions, and cook something that nobody but you likes... and before you know it, the day is over.

Then you miss the next day because the sun is shining so brightly in your bedroom that you'd rather stay in there all morning, crocheting and watching another movie, than venture out into the darkish living room where the computer is kept.

And THEN, you finally DO sit down to write, but you can't write what you'd like to write because your husband has forgotten to put the pictures that you need from his phone onto the computer where you need them, but you know that you need to write something (ANYTHING!) before you get into the habit of not writing?

This is that post.

10 comments:

  1. Even for being 'that kind of post' it is extremely relatable. Which, to me, is my favorite kind of blog!

    I have definitely been there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. You might like this poem about mothers. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/12/random-quotation-spot.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole - glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. With J>R> there. I can relate to that well said Skwishee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you. I'm on the tail end of my year-long odyssey to write every day. I did miss a few days, but the the good thing has been that my writing tightened up quite a bit. Of course, I was pretty sloppy to begin with...

    Anyway - don't leave us for too long! I have abandonment issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh... does the end of your year-long odyssey mean that you'll be posting less often? :( I've got abandonment issues too. :\

      (Also? I use to many smiley faces as punctuation.)

      Delete
  5. I can definitely relate too! Sunbeams are hard to ignore... :)

    ReplyDelete