Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Swallowing Ghosts.

I haven't written much about the potty training saga in the last little while because, honestly, it's pretty repetitive. Suffice it to say that since I last wrote, Kee has become quite proficient. Last week, she decided that it was high time that she stopped wearing diapers to bed as well. Okay. Sounds good.

She's done pretty well; I think we're about half and half with dry vs. wet mornings. And really, that's better than I thought she'd do, considering she usually runs in for her snuggle with a pretty full diaper hanging off her bum.

Anyway. This morning, at 2am, I was woken up to help her get cleaned up and change her sheets for her. To me, it seems like a step in the right direction that she didn't sleep through the night despite being wet. 

But this isn't about that.

Just as I was getting her back into her bed, my stomach lurched. I had to get Husband up to help her finish getting settled, and I ran to the bathroom. My stomach was apparently so furious about something that I ate yesterday that I needed to spend an hour in the bathroom crying, while it emptied itself of everything ever.

But this isn't about that either.

What it is about is the fact that someone's grandma told me a long time ago that you have to cover your mouth when you're yawning, or spirits (multiple? I was never quite sure) will fly in your mouth and take over your body. That's why babies shouldn't go to funerals.

And that's why, at 3:30 this morning, while desperately wishing that I could just fall asleep, I was lying in my bed trying not to inhale ghosts.

I bet ghosts taste dusty.



5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're sick! I hope you are on the mend soon.
    I also think ghosts taste dusty. I love that picture. I've never heard the yawning thing before, so now it will be all I think about every time I yawn. Which is often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lou. I'm feeling much better - I really think it must have been something foul that I ate.

      Isn't that creepy? I also still hold my breath when I walk past a grave yard. I almost wish people would stop telling me things.

      Delete
  2. I love your drawings. You were totally holding back for way too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marianne. :) *pleased blush*

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. Oh yeah, and THANKS A LOT. Now I have ANOTHER thing to be scared of. Bah. (I only open my lips a crack when I said "bah")

    ReplyDelete