Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"I Hate Yogurt!"

 Kee loves yogurt. When they started giving out little mini yogurts with happy meals at McDonalds*, we were all pretty happy about it. Then of course, one day, Kee stood up on a chair, crossed her arms and announced to the room, "I hate yogurt."

Fine. But they still give you the yogurt, whether you like it or not, and I hate wasting anything, so what the heck were we going to do with all these tiny yogurts cluttering up the fridge?

Shove a stick in them and call them yogurt pops, that's what. If I can convince them that it's some sort of treat, I can get my kids to eat almost anything. (Remember the lima bean cookies and spinach smoothies?)


Of course, I didn't know how I would keep them all upright in the freezer. Luckily, I also had a plastic egg carton sitting around. Also luckily, they are the exact right size to hold these yogurts.


 Just cut the bottoms off, and you're left with a handy little holder.


Throw them in the freezer over night, and you end up with some yummy frozen yogurt pops!




*We go to McDonalds once a week. I need at least one meal that I don't have to cook or clean up after; judge me all you want.

2 comments:

  1. yogurt pops are tasty! I should try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I would totally steal this idea...
    except that we don't have plastic egg cartons here.
    Nor does McDonalds give out Yogurt.

    ReplyDelete