Sunday, August 5, 2012

Blissdom Canada 2012: I'm Going.

Yes. I am going. To Blissdom Canada. It's going to be weird.

Especially since I feel like I know some of these people through their blogs, but I'm pretty sure they have no idea who I am. It's going to be like when you meet someone ten years after you took a class with them, and you knew who they were, and went over and cheerfully said "hi" only to find out that even though you'd interacted on several occasions, and even lent them a pen, they have absolutely no idea who you are.

I'm already nervous. Actually, I was already nervous before I'd even decided to go for sure. Will I find someone to talk to? Will I trip and fall on my face? Will I remember to bring my ticket? Will I ramble the way I am now and sound like an idiot?

I'm not the very best at meeting new people. But I am extremely good at being neurotic.

It's not for 75 days. That's quite a while to build up some crazy.

But, despite the nervousness, I'm really excited about the prospect of meeting some people who might be able to explain Twitter to me.

6 comments:

  1. Can you fill me in on the whole Twitter thing when you get back?

    You'll be great! I know these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I actually figure it out, I'll let you know. :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! If you go to BlogHer in Chicago next July, Marianne will be there and I am going to try to go too! I will totally remember the time you lent me a pen (as long as I get to keep the pen).

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to see if I make it through *this* conference before I start making any plans to go to one with 5000+ attendees.

      Although, I would really love to meet you two, so that that might sway me. ;)

      (And I do hereby solemnly swear that if I go, you will get a pen. To keep.)

      Delete
  3. You'll have a great time!

    ...or you'll be scared to death.

    It could go either way.

    #Encouraging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel. I think it's going to be a bit of both. :)

      #Sociallyawkward (was that right?)

      Delete