As with most of these things, there are a few things I've got to do:
“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 twitter followers and the rules of the award are that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
So, first things first, eleven random facts about me:
1. I really like cheesecake. The feeling is not mutual. I have to make sure that I've got nothing planned the next day if I want to eat it, in case it tries to kill me.
2. I spent a lot of time as a child hiding under tables.
3. I got my nose pierced in my first year of university, as a present from my brother. The very first night I had it, I got it caught in the sleeve of my pajamas while getting ready for bed. I had it until Beege was born and then got rid of it because she was fascinated by pulling at it.
4. I hate doing dishes with the fiery passion of 1,000 suns.
5. There are piles on every single surface in my house. I'm hoping to change that.
6. I'm currently listening to "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5. This is unusual.
7. I love making jewellery, but I don't really wear it myself.
8. I should really be doing laundry right now.
9. The first dance song at my wedding was "I Wanna Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler, featured in the Wedding Singer. Which, in my opinion, is the most perfect first dance song ever.
10. I like having nice things, but I don't use them because I'm worried I'll wreck them. Which is totally ridiculous, I'm realising, because they're just things after all, and what's the point of having them if I'm not going to use them?
11. I'm planning to cut my hair super short and dye parts of it purple. At some point. Again.
11 Questions from Sarah at backtomycountryroots's Blog:
- City or country? I would love to spend winters in the city and summers in the country if I could. I like snow and all, but I also appreciate snow plows and clear driving surfaces.
- Flowers or chocolates? Definitely flowers. They cheer me up, and I can't eat them.
- Sun or snow? Snow, actually. I wrote sun first, but the more I thought about it, and realised I don't like sweating, or shorts, or sunburns, the more snow felt right.
- What couldn’t you live without? (appliance) My kettle. Nothing is comforting like a hot cup of tea.
- Whats the first thing you do when you get up? Pee.
- Whats the last thing you do at night? Pee.
- Whats your favourite band? It depends on the situation. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Bruno Mars.
- What star sign are you? Libra. We are apparently "Loyal, kind, and quiet."
- Do you have any pets? I had a lot of pets growing up, but none at the moment. Something about wiping other people's bums for the past seven years has put me off of other things whose crap I'd have to look after.
- If you could come back as an animal what would you be and why? A cat. They have it made.
- What is your favourite past time? Reading. I'll read almost anything. Sleeping is nice too.
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. If you could learn any one skill overnight, what would it be and why?
2. What music do you listen to when you're feeling down?
3. When's the last time you were stupid happy?
4. If I gave you a t-shirt with a picture of bacon on it, would you wear it?
5. In your opinion, what is the perfect food?
6. Go to a party, or stay home with a book?
7. Who would you most like to be trapped in an elevator with?
8. Do you watch the news? Why, or why not?
9. Servers start singing Happy Birthday to you at a restaurant: Do you cringe and endure, or sing along?
10. Name a singer/song that you're embarrassed to admit you love.
11. If you could be doing anything right now, what would it be?
And Finally, my nominees:
Shannon at Truthfully
Jodee Rose at Da Cheeseblarg
Rae at Not Just Clutter
Jenn at Elemental
Jen at My Adorable Small Town Life
Tasha at Awesomesauce and Other Experiments
Tara at Don't Lick the Deck!
[edit: It has been brought to my attention that a couple of these people may have a few more than 300 Twitter followers. I'm okay with that.]