Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bobs & Lolo: A review.

I don't know about you, but some children's music makes me want to rip my ears off. It's unfortunate, but a lot of it is so peppy it's manic and/or it speaks to children like they're idiots. When Beege was a baby, I made it my mission to find something that she would love and I could stand.

Enter Bobs and Lolo.

I first stumbled upon them on Treehouse TV, and I fell in love. Not only are they easy to listen to, but their songs are educational. They've got songs about everything from the water cycle ("Raindrop Pop"), to provincial birds ("Honk for Canada"), to healthy eating ("Snappy Snacks"). They manage to be upbeat without being hyper, and Husband the musician is very impressed with their musicality. I listen to them sometimes when the kids aren't home, and am not the least bit embarrassed to find myself humming any of their songs in the lineup at the grocery store.


We were lucky enough to be able to go to one of their shows over the Family Day weekend in Whitby this year, where we got to meet them and found that they are just as lovely as their music.

The show was great, despite some technical difficulties in the beginning, the kids danced around up at the front, and I wasn't the only parent who was singing along with every song. We went to their second show of the day, and I'm sure they were pretty exhausted by the time they got to the meet and greet, but they were still energetic and made a point of having a little chat with each child.

I only have one complaint, and that is that they sold out of their new album "Connecting the Dots" before I got to the merchandise table.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this nice post. We'll send you a copy of CTD - we'd love to have you consider doing a little review for us! :) DM us your addy on Twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Thanks so much, the girls will be thrilled :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have kids so I don't find myself listening to children's music. I do, however, love the educational albums that They Might be Giants put out. Give them a try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know they had educational albums - I'll look out for them, for sure. Thanks :)

      Delete