Thursday, March 7, 2013

Mini Me.

Kee has a number of things that she MUST have before she'll go to sleep.

It started out as one blue blanket. Then it was two blue blankets. Then it was two blue blankets and a doll named Baby. Then it was blankets, baby, and a stuffed dog named Charlie. The latest addition is a giraffe that my friend brought back for her from Africa. Which is small and hard to find, so, perfect.

The other thing is me. Every night, I snuggle her in and sing her a song or two after all of her other bedtime stuff has been taken care of. Which is fine. Unless I'm not here. Or she's not here.

I'm not even sure how it came about at this point, but I somehow got roped into making her a Mummy doll. That looks like me. But is squishy like her Baby. *sigh* I think it may have even been my suggestion. And she jumped right on it, because now she won't have to miss me when she sleeps. Which may curb her habit of getting into my bed for a snuggle a few times a night? I live in hope.

So anyway. I started making her this doll. It's actually going to be super cute, if I do say so myself. It's going to be wearing black pants, a white t-shirt, and a blue hoodie; which is sort of my uniform.

When I showed it to Kee, she said "why are the legs black?"
"Well, honey, because Mummy wears black pants."
She looked at me, puzzled.
"What? What's wrong?"
"She should be wearing different pants!" 
"Why? I wear black pants almost every day." Now I was puzzled.
"No you don't!" she insisted. "You wear pajamas."
 I looked down at my flannel pants with the skiiing penguins on them. Oh.

I finally convinced her that since this mummy wasn't going to have snowpants to cover up her jammies, I should put her in black pants in case Kee wanted to take her out of the house. Because I never wear pajamas out of the house if people will be able to see them.

You gotta draw the line somewhere.

12 comments:

  1. That is the CUTEST idea ever. When I am getting ready to take my daughter to school she will ask "do you have to get ready mama?" I say "I am ready" She then looks at my clothes and says , "but you are still in your jammies."
    "Nope! They are 'yoga pants'!"
    Workout clothes are the best. You can get away with being comfortable, all the while lookin like you just got back from the gym.
    I LOVE YOUR DOLL IDEA! I am one of my daughters bedtime needs as well. I may have to steal your idea. ;) So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh... I change out of the jammies into the yoga pants. :)

      Thank you! If you make one, link me to a picture!

      Delete
  2. That is a freakin' brilliant idea. PLEASE post the finished product.

    Just curious, do you enjoy cuddling her to sleep or is it a chore? Either way, you're a better mom than me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will post a picture when it's done for sure! :)

      If I stayed until she actually fell asleep, it would probably feel like a chore, but I just stay for one or two songs. (And it helps that she's so dang cuddly!)

      Delete
  3. Making a Mummy doll is such a sweet idea!

    Also, PJ pants are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)

      THEY TOTALLY ARE!! Sorry. But yes, PJ pants are the absolute best. :]

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Heh... sometimes it takes the eyes of a four year old to realise you're wearing your damn pajamas far too often. :\

      Delete
  5. So now you're "too good" for pajamas in public? Sheesh. Some people.

    Just kidding, but PLEASE post the completed doll! Your stuff is always so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... only if people can SEE them, Marianne! :)

      thanks!

      Delete