Monday, March 18, 2013

She's Perfect! Except...

Well, as you know, Kee roped me into making her a mini version of myself. The idea being that she would have a mommy to hug when she needed a bit of extra comfort, even when I wasn't around.

So I spent a while designing a doll and making her. I modeled her shape on Kee's baby doll, and dressed her just like me. I lovingly hand stitched every little piece of her. I made sure there were no poky, itchy, or scratchy bits so she'd be nice to cuddle. I stuffed her to just the right firmness; floppy, yet sturdy.

And Kee loves her. She drags her all over the house and has slept with her every night since she got her. She thinks she's just perfect.

Except that the doll "Mommy" doesn't hug back.

I think Kee overestimates me.  Just a little.





7 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extra special and so very sweet! You did a great job - even if it doesn't hug back :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mareth! :)

      The best part is that I really enjoyed making her; I may have found something to do with my piles and piles of felt!

      Delete
  3. GET CRACKING with those piles of felt! Those would be HUGE in Chicago!! I can't believe you can just whip that up. I am in awe. IN AWE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marianne. :) I'm already thinking about my next one - his name might be Phil, and he may be wearing a suit.

      Delete