Monday, April 29, 2013

There We Go!

Here I go - cluttering up the desktop again. So nice to see my little folder with all the pictures in it. Here is the picture of the baby quilt I made. The first quilt that I ever made, start to finish, all by myself!

Something so satisfying about a fresh quilt, flapping in the breeze.

The back is a solid blue cotton.

For those of you interested in these sorts of things, it's machine pieced, and hand quilted. I'm not ready for anything fancy, and the pattern is pretty busy already, so I just stitched in the ditch along all the grid lines. Then the back looked a little plain, so I picked out a few of the larger stars and quilted around them to add a bit of interest.

It turned out pretty well and now I can get it out of my house, and covering a baby, where it belongs!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job! Great colours Skwishee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies. :) Hopefully, the baby's mama likes it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I think I would really enjoy the cathartic feelings I'd get from finishing something like that. If only I could sew...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing is easy, Rachel - it's finding the time to do it that's hard! :)

      Delete
  6. I like it. It’s so nice and pretty colored perfect for a baby and it looks well done as well. I always liked to do things like that on my own, actually everything that I can do on my own and don’t have to purchase. Good luck with your future designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Audrey - and thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  7. This is lovely. I've been wanting to get a quilt like this for my girl's room but couldn't find the sort of thing I was looking for on Etsy etc so I've realised I'll have to make it! Did it take a long time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that took very long was the hand quilting. It's a small crib quilt (the squares are 6"x6"), so the top went together very quickly. If you machine quilted, it would take no time at all!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete