Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nine Years is Willow and Pottery.

I am not the easiest person to live with. I'll admit that. I'm a little flaky, I don't like to clean, and I am not the most organised person you'd ever meet. I'm a tiny bit of a hoarder. Maybe. I don't clean out the fridge as often as I should, and I avoid putting out the compost whenever I can help it. Because it smells, and drips, and it's just gross.

And look, I'm not saying Husband's a saint or anything, because he leaves his stubble in the sink, and keeps turning the pillow around the way I don't like it, he is constantly on his iPhone, and he looks like he hates me before he has his coffee in the morning. (That was seriously a problem when we were dating.)

But, nine years ago, he decided that he'd like to be stuck with me forever, and I agreed.

So I'd like to say thank you to the guy who has been putting up with my crap for the last fourteen years. He is kind, and patient, and loves me even when (maybe especially when) I don't feel like I deserve it.

All of that stuff that I said to you, nine years ago... still true today.




Except... you know, I'm not a man.

Love you, Sparky.

10 comments:

  1. If the lyrics were "I wanna be the one" instead of "I wanna be the man" this would work for everyone.
    Happy Anniversary to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. I clicked on this post at first because you were describing me (flaky, messy, dirty fridge) and then I got an extra bonus, a little love story. Congratulations on your nine years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, sweet! Happy Anniversary you kids!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Hope you had a great one! Did you have to watch hockey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.. I did! And the Leafs didn't even have the decency to win!

      Delete
  5. You both struck gold, and that makes me happy.

    And for the record, I never get to hold the remote control. ):

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... thanks, Marianne! :) Don't worry, I'm sure that someday, when Joe isn't looking, or falls asleep, or maybe isn't home, you'll get to. ;)

      Delete