Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Apple is Sitting Next to the Tree.

So, you guys know that I make stuff. Every once in a while, I try and get the kids interested in one of the crafts that I'm doing. Not (only) because people are generally calmer and quieter while doing crafts, but because I like to have things that we can enjoy together. And I just can't grasp Pokemon. I've tried. I just can't.

A while ago, I got Beege a kit to make a stuffed animal. She showed absolutely no interest.

Then, recently, she decided that we should have some mummy/daughter sewing time, and pulled it off the shelf again. The kit included a large bear for the kid, and a small matching bear meant for her doll. Because she's awesome (and because a certain someone squealed "Is that one for ME?"), she decided to make it for her sister. 

Introducing "Kee Lily Stuff", and "Cutie".

It was such a success* that we decided she could, and should, design her own stuffie.


I don't think she quite gets how proud I am of her.





*With liberal sprinklings of mummy "help".

5 comments:

  1. that rabbit is. awesome. Good job beege!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so ridiculously cute! Can you PLEEEEASE adopt me??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Pack your Bailey's, and head North. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and we live in a basement apartment, so remember to duck.

      Delete