Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hey, Santa - You Hiring?

The kids are well aware that we've been trying to find a house. Kee wants me to make sure that wherever we end up that her room is "as cute as a button", which seems to mean pink. Beege would like to sleep above ground. (As would I!)

Every once in a while, we indulge in talking about our imaginary house. What the yard will look like, what the rooms will look like, what colour we should paint the walls... sometimes we even go as far as drawing pictures of our pretend house.
 
The other day, I asked them if they could live anywhere, where would it be? They thought about it, and they both answered the same place. The North Pole. Kee would like to live near Santa Claus, and Beege wants to live near polar bears.

We explained that we might not see Santa Claus, even if we lived next door, because... well, magic. And that polar bears can actually be pretty dangerous, so we might not want to live all that close to them.

But the more I thought about it, the better the idea sounded. Only if we're living in Santa's magical village though - like the one in Santa Baby*. It would be a big wooden house, with a lovely fireplace going all the time. I wouldn't be overheated all the time, and there would be snowshoeing, we'd drink lots of hot chocolate, and make snowmen every day.

There would even be great job opportunities for me! I can't imagine a better job than full time toy-making. And the husband could work on the elves' tracking and computer systems. It would be great!

It's bigger than it looks. 4 bdrm, 2bath, workshop and den.

We told them that we'd think about it, but that it's really not the kind of place that you just move to without a real reason. And that "Santa's toy maker" is probably the kind of job that you've got to be recruited for, rather than just applying.

For now, we're still looking in Ontario.




*Which I watch every year, 1 - because I love even the stupidest Christmas movies around, and 2 - I love Ivan Sergei. Judge all you want.




8 comments:

  1. http://santasvillage.ca/

    So . . . you're moving to Bracebridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I don't think it would be quite the same thing. :)

      Delete
  2. It's Santa's summer home and no polar bears. Just black bears :) Your girls would love Santa's Village. I would know as I've been there 7 times this summer so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.. I know, I've seen the pics! Your little girl is looking adorable, as always. :) We'll have to come out that way sometime. Do the elves have to wear the wooly suits, or do they put them in something more weather appropriate?

      Delete
  3. Fireplace and lots of hot chocolate sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? And a comfy chair with a big basket of wool beside it...

      Delete
  4. Above ground? Have you people never SEEN Lord of the Rings? Hobbit holes are the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on the dwelling and location, Therese - our views of the driveway and the house next door aren't exactly stunning. I might give living under ground another chance if I was going to be in a hobbit hole. ;)

      Delete