Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Camping: The Final Installment.

Just so you know, camping wasn't all bad. We did have some very nice days, and above all, the kids enjoyed it. I think they even kind of liked the excitement of running through the rain in the middle of the night. (When I asked them to draw a picture of one of their favourite things we'd done during the summer, Kee came up with a picture of me sleeping on the floor at Grandma's.)

The girls baked some cupcakes with Grandma.

We had a big bucket of glow-in-the-dark beads...

which we used to make key chains.

We played with a lot of these toys.

We had a fire every night, despite the rain.

I've only got pictures of the first day though because when I yanked everything out of the tent to dry it out and move it, I somehow managed to put my bed back in on top of the camera and didn't see it again until we were packing up to leave.

And now I can get back to writing about important things, like the fact that Beege chose her fall jacket based solely on the fact that it looked "perfect for detective work."

5 comments:

  1. Those photos show camping success! Glad they got to do fun things despite the rain. :)

    Also, I think you are raising pretty neat kids. A jacket for detective work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year, we're going to try to convince their Dad that he wants to come sleep on the ground too. ;)

      Thanks! I'm pretty fond of them, myself. Lol.. I was actually not sold on the jacket until she told me (with hopeful puppy dog eyes) about the detective thing. She was thinking about making a sign advertising her detective services for $.25 a case.

      Delete
  2. Your camping adventure sounds awesome (despite the rain). Your munchkins are also great. Detective jackets for the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty awesome. My mum even hung out with them for a morning so that I could hang out with my sister. :) I know - I kind of want my own detective jacket now. :)

      Delete
  3. You make camping look not-so-bad.

    Still not doing it, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete