Friday, September 6, 2013

Overheard at the Dinner Table.

INT - LIVING ROOM - EVENING.

KEE and BEEGE are sitting at the dining table, eating their supper. KEE stares at BEEGE. BEEGE pointedly ignores her, and concentrates on her apple slices.
Kee: Beege?
Beege: (looking up) Yeah?
Kee:What's your teacher like?
Beege: She's nice.
Kee: Is she a vampire?
Beege: (indignant) What? No! She is NOT a vampire.
Kee: Does she have a shadow? Because if she doesn't have a shadow, she might be a vampire.
Beege: If she was a vampire, she wouldn't have been on yard duty.
Kee: Oh. That's true. (pause) Does she blink?
Beege: Of COURSE she blinks. Everybody blinks.
Kee: Zombies don't. She could be a zombie. I think she's a zombie.
Beege: She. Is not. A zombie.
Kee: Well, you should probably be careful at school, just in case.
Beege:  ...
Kee: I'd like to be a zombie. Everybody would be scared of me. I would be a good  zombie though, I wouldn't eat any brains. I'd be like Mozart.


END SCENE.




*I've met Beege's teacher, and she seems lovely. She is likely neither a vampire, nor a zombie. 

6 comments:

  1. Haha, so cute...
    Is she hairy? - she could be a werewolf...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... no, actually she's not. Although, it would only be once a month, wouldn't it? I'll keep you posted. ;)

      Delete
  2. Our kids are destined for each other. Just saying. HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.. we'll have to get them together someday! Without them knowing we got them together though. Because then of course, they wouldn't like each other. :\

      Delete
  3. That is beyond fantastic. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their entertainment value is quite high these days. ;)

      Delete