Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Lowered Expectations.

This morning, we were late for school. Again. I know, I know, I've complained about it before, but honestly we live across the street! If anyone's going to be on time, it should be us!

Today, no one got up. Kee climbed into my bed for a snuggle and when the alarm went off, said "I don't want to get up yet. I need snuggles." For some reason, that sounded fine, and I hit snooze. Next thing I know, it's 8:00. Crap.

Then Beege just would not get up. At all. She claimed her nose was too snuffly to stand up. 8:15.

Then Kee wouldn't get dressed. Then she wanted to wear a sundress. Then she wouldn't wear socks. Then she had to wear specific socks. Then she put them on her hands instead of her feet. 8:36.

Beege thought it would be a good time to start a new book. 8:42.

I'm not sure what happened in the next few minutes because I realised that even though I had already done dishes, put in a load of laundry, made lunches and packed backpacks... I was still in my pajamas.

As Beege was putting her boots on, I was zipping up my coat, and Kee was doing a puppet show with her mismatched socks, we heard the bell ring. 8:55. Late. Dang.

So we jogged over to school and signed in at the office just as O' Canada started.

I can't help but feel like a bit of a failure when we get there late. We live across the street!!

But today, as I trudged down the long hallway to the exit, I saw something that made me feel a little bit better.

There are pants in the lost and found. And not just one pair, either.

We may be late, but at least we all know where our pants are.







14 comments:

  1. I love it! I am always, always intrigued by the pants in the lost and found. And the solitary shoes. I try to imagine how that all went down. Some small child wandering the halls in their underwear with one shoe... there are far worse things than occasional tardiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... I know! How on earth did someone lose their pants? Did no one notice a pantsless child??

      Delete
  2. I will remember this next time I'm feeling low. At least I know where my pants are. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I chose to look at it. :)

      Delete
  3. LOL.... we used to be late all the time when my kids were young. Enjoy it.... those snuggles are precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh... that's why I take them when I can get them! :)

      Delete
  4. There is NO better reason to be late than cuddling! It should be written into the constitution or something. Love the post, Jessica. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep the snuggling, and try to do away with the sock puppet show. ;)
      Thanks, Robin!

      Delete
  5. Hilarious. You may have the more frequent "girl" fight with clothes, but trust me. Boys WILL come home without pants. Enjoy those snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW do you LOSE your pants? Wouldn't someone notice that before it became a lost and found situation?

      (Which of your boys came home without pants?!)

      Delete
  6. THIS IS TOOO GREAT. TOOO GREAT. TOOOOOOO GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahah..it's always good to know where your pants are

    ReplyDelete