Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Smart Kid.

This afternoon, I was sitting reading a book when Kee bounded up and demanded a snuggle. Not in a minute, not when I finished my page, RIGHT NOW!

Me: [Grabbing her for her snuggle] Why do you need to snuggle right now?
Kee: Because I love you!
Me: You won't love me in 30 seconds when I'm done reading my page?
Kee: Of course I will! I'll love you forever and ever!
Me: Even when you're a big grown up lady like me?
Kee: Of course!
Me: Even when you have your own little kids?
Kee: [Very serious] I think I might not have any babies.
Me: Oh... no?
Kee: Nope. And it's only my decision if I want to have babies or not.
Me: Absolutely.
Kee: You decided to have me, didn't you?
Me: I sure did.
Kee: I think that was a very good decision.
Me: I think you're right.  

Then we had a tickle fight.





7 comments:

  1. Oh wow - she is a smart kid! I'm always amazed at how much kids know/understand at such young ages.

    Also, all serious conversations should end with tickle fights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I don't remember being at all concerned about that kind of thing, but Beege and I had a talk about the fact that birth control exists when she was about Kee's age too. They know all about how they don't have to have babies if they don't want to, and if they do they can decide when.

      And I agree about the tickle fights. Mortgage applications, job interviews, visits to the principal's office...

      Delete
  2. So very cute! LOVE how their little (read: BIG) minds work. So pure and honest :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting down and having a one on one conversation with these kids is so interesting. They've got really neat ways of looking at things.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They have to be adorable every once in a while - self preservation! ;)

      Delete