Monday, June 2, 2014

It's Not Like I'm Doing Anything...


Have you ever noticed how something that's months away seems like it's forever away until a few weeks before the thing, and then time goes at superspeed?

That's what's happening around here.

Moving was MONTHS away. So after doing some basic things like setting up the mail re-direction, and registering the girls at their new school for September, I relaxed a bit. We've been painting the new house, and we try to take a box or two when we go... but you can't even tell we've taken anything.

I mean, you can tell up THERE, because there's boxes in the middle of the room. But THIS place, doesn't look any less full of stuff. And I'm starting to panic a little bit.


So, instead of packing boxes, the other day the kids and I sat down and watched some "old" movies*. (My kids thought it was hilarious that when I was a kid, I had a crush on Charlie from The Mighty Ducks.)

I got Husband to watch Ghostbusters with me, while we stayed up late ignoring the things we were supposed to be sorting into keep/donate/sell piles.

The kids watched Jumanji at my parents' house while we were up there painting this weekend.

Today, I think I'm going to sit them down to watch Honey I Shrunk The Kids, while I cover my eyes and rock back and forth in amongst the piles of boxes.

In all seriousness, I'm having a lot of fun watching all these movies and TV shows that I used to love when I was (maybe just a little older than) their age. Netflix is a great place to find them all too - go have a look.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to watching The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air while ignoring my to do list.




*Personally, I do not feel that movies like Jumanji and The Mighty Ducks are old - movies like Casablanca and Citizen Cane are old - but try telling that to my kids.

8 comments:

  1. If you are going to procrastinate, you may as well be entertained ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST SHOWS EVER! LMAO at your disclaimer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mighty Ducks is on Netflix? I know what I'm doing this weekend! (And didn't we all have a crush on Charlie?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mighty Ducks AND the sequels. And yes, I believe we did. Also on Pacey. And that guy he played in Urban Legend, and Skulls...

      Delete
  4. Aw, love it! Love ALL of those movies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving re-watching the movies from when I was a kid! So far Jumanji's the big hit with the kids.

      Delete