Saturday, July 19, 2014

Well, Here We Are.


So. We've moved.

We've been here about two weeks now, and each weekend, we've gone back to the old place. Why? Oh, no reason, just because we didn't actually manage to finish packing before we left. We ran out of boxes. I know. Really, I know.

*sigh*

We just have too much stuff. To be fair, we were there for almost ten years and we accumulated two people, and all the stuff that comes with them, while we were there. We also never got rid of anything, because you never know when it's going to be useful. You know how it goes. We've decided to sell everything that's worth selling*, and give away or get rid of the rest.

Or I've decided, anyway. If anyone notices, I'll fill them in.

Aside from the giant piles of stuff surrounding us, I love our house. I'm already used to the creaks in the upstairs hallway, and the way the pipes bang when you flush the upstairs toilet. I'm starting to be able to tell where someone is in the house just from the sound of their voice. For some reason, I sleep really well here.

The girls love having their own rooms; Beege likes having a place to retreat alone, and Kee likes having a place that she can order people out of.

I haven't really gotten to use my new room yet. I'm trying to sort out the rest of the house first, so that I can shut myself in there and not be thinking about all the other stuff I should be doing. Because really, I should be emptying all these boxes. Even now, they're taunting me out of the corner of my eye.

I just wanted to take a quick break and check in, so you knew I hadn't been crushed by my massive piles of junk. I'd post pictures, but it's really just embarrassing.

Damnit. I really should be emptying boxes.







*Anybody know any Star Wars collectors?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy your house helps you sleep! That is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. :)
      We're settling in nicely... now if only I could think of somewhere to put all this stuff. :P

      Delete