Friday, October 24, 2014

Should I call the CSA?

We've been getting up late for the past few weeks. It's getting harder and harder to make myself get out of bed now that there's no sun. I don't know if it's true in your house, but in mine, if I don't get up neither does anyone else.

Yesterday, for the first time... ever, I think... I slept through the alarm. It was a mess. There was yelling, and running, and just general chaos. Everyone got out the door, but it wasn't pretty.

This morning, I stumbled out of bed, grumbled at the kids to get up, and shuffled down the stairs to get the day started. I started pulling out stuff for lunch and realised, oh crap, there's not really anything for lunch. I hurriedly pulled ingredients out of the cupboards and turned the oven on. Muffins. Muffins are quick, and healthy, and quick.

The kids wandered in and started eating the cereal I'd put out for them. I corralled Husband and asked him to wash the lunch containers that nobody'd gotten around to washing yesterday. The next twenty minutes were a blur of veggie chopping, hair combing, and bag packing.

They stood at the door, hair neatly in braids, shoes and coats on, ready to go. Shoot, the muffins weren't ready. I glanced at the clock in a panic. 8:00. Wha...?

So now I'm really excited, because I think there's a wormhole in my kitchen. 

Also, muffins.



*The CSA, in case you're wondering...



6 comments:

  1. I only wish there were a wormhole in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it didn't work this morning. I guess it was only temporary. :(

      Delete
  2. What's a wormhole... seriously. What is a worm hole....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Wormholes are hypothetical areas of warped spacetime with great energy that can create tunnels through spacetime. If traversable [they] would allow a traveler to quickly move through great distances in space and also travel through time," said some physicist somewhere. <3

      Delete
  3. Sounds EXACTLY like the chaos that was my house when my kids were little. Made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll miss it someday... I look forward to missing it. ;)

      Delete