Friday, October 10, 2014

Yes, but...

So. I got home from Blissdom 2014, where I had a marvelous time with new friends and old, to two sick kids and a lice infestation.

Sure, I've spent the last few days washing and boiling everything, and spent hours and hours hunched over children picking bugs off their heads. Yeah, I've been hauling bedding and towels back and forth to the washing machine pretty much incessantly. Okay, I've been wearing a shower cap for three days and am seriously considering lighting my head on fire if this latest round of lice melter doesn't work.

But this is happening on my kitchen counter, so I'm pretty happy. 


I'll get back to you about all the fun I had at Blissdom. I've got to throw in another load and re-check a kid right now.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are able to find the positive from your blooming flower. What you are dealing with is incredibly stressful. So sorry you are having to deal with this. :( Hope you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody's on the mend. The sickies are feeling better, and my obsessive behaviour regarding the lice seems to have nipped it in the bud, thank goodness! Kee actually thought having lice was fun, since it meant extra one on one time with me and a whole lot of Scooby Doo. There's always a bright side! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it? I had thought that the plant was dying, but I guess it was just dormant for a while. That bud is fully blossomed now. Cheers me up every time I walk in the kitchen.

      Delete