Thursday, March 12, 2015

I'm Gonna Gush Now.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Have you watched it yet? The whole first season went live on Netflix on Friday March 6th, and I've already watched it all the way through once. Then I watched it with my husband. Then I watched it with some friends. Now I'm impatient for season two.


 Kimmy Schmidt (Ellie Kemper) is one of the "Indiana Mole Women", a group of four women who were held in an underground bunker by the "Reverend" Richard Wayne Gary Wayne (Jon Hamm) of the Church of the Scary Apocalypse, an apocalypse cult. When they are finally found after fifteen years of captivity, Kimmy decides to move to New York to start a new life without her past hanging over her head. 

This is one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. It's smart, funny, and incredibly sweet. Off-kilter story lines combined with a wonderful cast of quirky characters make this show a pleasure to watch. It's packed with one liners, musical numbers, and 90's pop culture references, and there is a character called "Xanthipe".

Basically, I'm telling you to go watch it. You won't regret it, promise.

Troll the re-spawn, Jeremy.



2 comments: