Monday, May 4, 2015

Stop Playing in the Butter!!

Yesterday, I was a jerk. For pretty much the entire day.

It was one of those days when nothing seemed right to me. It started first thing in the morning.

For no reason I could think of, EVERYTHING was irritating. I was awful. I couldn't let any little annoyances pass without comment. I was snarking at everyone and even though my head was yelling at me to shut up, the nitpicking and grumping kept pouring out of my mouth.

Luckily, I realised what an unbearable ass I was being and, in the interest of not alienating my entire family, took myself and my shitty attitude back to bed where I lay around and wondered what the hell my problem was.

You know how little kids can be total a-holes, for no discernible reason, and then they run a fever, or have a rash, or are generally under the weather, and you kind of forgive their jerkiness because "awww... the poor little guy was getting sick!"?

Well, this morning, I woke up feeling awful. Throat full of spikes, nose running like a faucet, and a body that felt as if someone had been using it as a punching bag. I did feel relatively cheerful though.

I was so relieved.


I'm not a jerk, I'm a toddler.





*Really though, don't play in the butter. Gross.


4 comments:

  1. Mmm butter.

    Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... playing in the butter would have bothered me on the best of days!

      As soon as my face stops oozing, I'll be right as rain. :P

      Delete