Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Perfectly Pink. (And Sparkly!)

This week, Kee turned seven! Can you believe it? I've been writing this thing since she was a tiny baby... and now she's seven. I'm officially all out of babies over here. *sniffle*

Kee is my little tiara wearing ninja. My feather boa coveting knight in sparkly armour. She loves all things pink, and aside from climbing everything in sight, a "spa day" is one of her favourite things to do. Up until now, a "spa day" has meant having a bubble bath, then me painting her nails and trimming her hair while she watches a movie. (See how I snuck in the haircut?)

I don't know if she'll be falling for that one anymore, now that she's had a taste of a real spa. I've recently become a "Glambassador" for Glama Gals Tween Spa, and over the weekend we were invited to the Grand Opening of the new location in Barrie. Right in time for my ninja princess' birthday!

From the moment you step into the space everything is pink and white, glitter and sparkle. We were treated to cupcakes, "pinkatinis", and a room full of every pink candy you can think of. The girls were in heaven.

Then they were whisked away to pick a nail polish colour and have their nails done, using Piggy Paint.  


Off to the hair station, to get colour, braids, sparkles, and updos.


They even got to make their own personalised bubble bath and lotion to bring home at the "Glama Lab".

I couldn't pry them away for a pic until we got home!

By the time they'd taken part in all the spa activities, eaten their fill of pink food, and rocked a few dance party breaks and sing alongs, my girls felt like princesses. The people we met there were all wonderful. Everyone was full of smiles and positive energy. That's the thing that I love about Glama Gals; It's about more than nail polish and sparkles, it's about making the girls feel cared for and special.

I think Kee summed it up when I asked her if she'd enjoyed going, and she replied, "BEST. DAY. EVER!!"







*If you haven't heard of Piggy Paint before, it's a non-toxic, odourless, all natural nail polish. It's what I went out of my way to find when I was trying to bribe the girls into not biting their nails anymore. That didn't really work, but we do love our Piggy Paint!

I am part of the Glambassador program, and as such receive things like party invitations every once in a while. My opinion, as always, is entirely my own.

1 comment: