Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Guess I lied?

I said I was going to write more. I honestly meant to. I'm sorry. Really.

I've been feeling a lot better lately. Which essentially means that I'm able to stay awake, even when I'm sitting, and I don't have roiling nausea all the time. I still run out of steam pretty quickly though, and if I don't eat the second I feel hungry, I'm in for feeling barfy for the rest of the day.

This time around, I'm showing a lot earlier, and things are already getting a little tight. I went shopping for some maternity clothes with my sister (she's due in October!), and we were sorely disappointed with what we found. I'm trying to get it together enough to make myself some long(er) tops to wear with yoga pants. In the meantime, tank top and pajama bottoms it is.

I did manage to put on actual pants, and drag myself to the Quilts at the Creek show that I go to every year with my mum - my sister and her family came too this year - didn't manage to take any pictures though. Luckily, they've got their own website you can have a look at, and they've posted plenty of pictures. If you're at all into quilting, or just enjoy admiring amazing work by talented artists, I'd recommend checking it out next year. (Also, I just love the village.)

I've also gone and gotten my first look at the Bean.  I was watching one of those "your baby this week videos" with the girls, and the line that keeps running through my head in a soothing voice is "your baby is starting to look more and more human"... well, good. You know how most 13 week ultrasounds look like a cross between a squirrel and a chicken? That's what I was expecting. Our Bean looks surprisingly a lot like an actual human baby, which is very reassuring because I'd been having dreams that s/he had no face. The ultrasound tech assured me that, as well as a face, it has two arms, two legs, a spine, a heart, AND a brain!

Looking more human every day!

The long and short of all this me-feeling-awful-and-falling-asleep-everywhere though is that my kids' summer vacation, thus far, has sort of sucked. As far as I'm concerned, anyway; they've actually been quite lovely and understanding.

I feel like a jerk though. I haven't really taken them anywhere, and we haven't really done anything. It's been super hot, which makes the nausea ten times worse, and I'm not the best with heat in the first place. As soon as I go a few days feeling mostly good, I'm going to have to make it up to them.

For now, they still love me because they're getting more screen time than usual. If I can't take them on any real life adventures right now, at least I can let them enjoy some vicariously through Netflix. I mean, really, where would I get a dragon, anyway?

They're in love with Dragons: Race to the Edge. The series takes place between the first and second movies, and follows Hiccup and Toothless on their adventures to explore and find more types of dragons. I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of the Cressida Cowell series of How to Train Your Dragon books; well we loved both of the movies, and we are pretty happy with the new series as well.


They watched all the episodes the week they were released, and are now waiting impatiently for new ones. I don't know how they got the idea, but they seem to think I'm actually in charge of these things. For now, they're satisfied to play vikings and dragon riders themselves, which in itself is awesome, but I hope I'm feeling more normal/mobile soon, or we're in for a mutiny over here. 





6 comments:

  1. When I was pregnant with #2, I taught #1 to save himself in case of fire. There would be no getting off the couch for me. Hope you're feeling more like you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky that mine are old enough to feed and entertain themselves, so for the most part, this laying on the couch with a bucket thing is working out for all of us. They really don't want me to throw up on them.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I so feel your nausea. When I was carrying, I remember worrying that I would feel barfy for the rest of my life. I also remember feeling grateful when that feeling finally went away sometime in my second trimester :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mona! I had terrible nausea with number two as well, and the thing I was most worried about was that the baby would come out evil. Which may seem irrational, but she spent a few months trying to kill me, so it seems like a pretty natural concern to me.
      I'm hoping that it'll taper off any day now. In the mean time, I want to hunt down whoever invented Diclecten and kiss them on the mouth.

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Acceptance is purely optional but if you are interested then please follow the link
    http://wp.me/p3EEEz-3J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I'll do the answers as soon as I can manage. (The kids are back at school in 14 days! More writing then, I swear.)

      Delete